Haere mai ki te kura o Kuratau
Welcome to Kuratau School
Kimihia Te Matauranga Kia U Ki Te Pono
To seek knowledge and hold fast to the truth.
Our Mission Statement is:
Together we will provide quality education to create confident, life long learners.
To contact the school please click on the below link:
UPCOMING SCHOOL EVENTS
School is due to recommence TUESDAY 9th February 2021. We look forward to meeting our new students and to seeing our returning students after a well earned break.
The School Office will be open from TUESDAY 2nd February 2021 8.15am-2.45pm for any new enrolments or enquiries.
2021 PRINCIPALS KORERO
Kia ora, welcome to Kuratau School. 2021 is shaping up to be an exciting year for our school community. We start the year with lots of things on the go including
- Staff planning and professional learning days (February 2nd, 4th and 5th)
- Welcoming new staff, students and whanau
- Whanau goal setting hui
- Continuing our journey learning and implementing more about Assessment for Learning,
- Planning for our annual Bike Day fundraiser to be held in July,
- Developing our student leaders
- Adding new opportunities for developing skills in Digital Technologies, including having brand internet capable TVs installed in each classroom, and introducing a Tech Club for students
- Streamlining our communications and offering opportunities for deeper whanau involvement in the life of our school
- Refreshing our school awards system
- Hopefully, no more Lockdowns!
Kuratau School aims to:
- Foster a climate where creativity is nurtured.
- Provide the best possible learning opportunities for all students.
- Provide an environment that will enhance effective learning.
- Present quality programmes which enhance children’s ability to communicate effectively.
- Sustain the uniqueness and whanaungatanga of Kuratau School.
- Be part of a learning culture of reflective teaching professionals.
In Kuratau Schools whanau
environment children are encouraged to:
Be Creative and seek knowledge
RELATE TO OTHERS
Feel happy, safe and show respect. Work independently
Work independently and persevere
PARTICIPATE & CONTRIBUTE
Be effective communicators
USE LANGUAGES AND SYMBOLS
Continually improve their academic progress
As outlined in our school charter
Kuratau School's Values are:
K - KINDNESS
U - UNDERSTANDING OTHERS
R - RESPECT
A - ACTIVITY IN OUR COMMUNITY
T - TREASURING OUR TIKANGA
A - ALWAYS PERSEVERING
U - UNIQUE CREATIVITY
Download the PTC APP from The Play Store or
App Store, Find Kuratau School under the Waikato Region